dissolution test sample filteration (HPMC) for Acquity UPLC analysis

<p> Hi</p><p>we faced the column life problem UPLC BEH C18, (2.1mm x 50mm, 1.7u) while analysing the dissolution samples.</p><p>Mobile phase was filtered through 0.2u filters, and the method is running OK</p><p>The issue is, we can not filter my sample using 0.2u syringe filter due to its viscous nature (but we are filtering the sample using 0.45u filters), as the sample contains Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC). HPMC is required for formulation, we can not avoid HPMC</p><p>we can not dilute the sample, because of low content of the product</p><p>Column blockage is a serious concern to us.</p><p></p><p>Please respond, if you know any information related to this question</p><p></p><p>Thanks and regards</p>

Comments

• If I can't filter my samples I usually use centrifugation at 10.000g for 10-60 minutes. I don't know if it would help here since the issue may be HPMC itself and I doubt it would be removed this way.

• i would try this too, but 10k rpm i think is not enough, we use a little vial-centrifuge at 14k rpm for 7min. at 10k rpm everything dispense again.

• Thanks for the input

We will try at 14k RPM and update you

Thanks and regards