MapFileForRead error

Options
<p>While backing up a project, I noticed that Empower 2 Build 2154 is hanging after copying all the datafiles. It will not move on to Check Project Integrity. In the backup destination are all the datafiles and the exp, inf, and *.cks files, but no log file or project integrity.txt. The Message Center gives multiple errors during the backup of "MapFileForRead file [destination folderxxx].dat failed." I'm assuming I can still restore the data if necessary, but it would be nice to have it not lock up during backup. Any ideas on how to solve the problem?</p>

Answers

• Dot
    Options

Hello Phillip,

You should not depend on this backup until the cause can be determined.  What entries do you see in the Audit Trail at the time of the backup?  There should be an entry or multiple entries relating to and stating the backup failed.  

Also you mentioned other entries in the Message Center.  Can you be specific about these entries? They could provide good information.

Mapping errors usually relate to physical or virtual memory.  Have you ruled out if the issue is client specific?

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Dot

• The Audit Trail doesn't show anything out of the ordinary: Backup started, cancelled, or finished; Project Integrity passed or failed. The other messages in the Message Center were simply the same message for each data file affected, a handful in each project. It seems to be the same on a local disk or the network drive, both. Here, you can see what I mean:

?TypeCategoryTimeApplicationMessage
    67ErrorGeneral4/19/2011 12:58:51 PM EDTConfiguration ManagerMapFileForRead file C:Backupd44562.dat failed
    68ErrorGeneral4/19/2011 12:58:51 PM EDTConfiguration ManagerMapFileForRead file C:Backupd44565.dat failed
    69ErrorGeneral4/19/2011 12:58:51 PM EDTConfiguration ManagerMapFileForRead file C:Backupd44568.dat failed
    70ErrorGeneral</...
  • Dot
    Options

Hello Phillip,

The Message Center indicates some raw datafiles are not present.  If you would, verify the files d2681.dat, d2753.dat, and d2764.dat are present in the folder  EmpowerProjectsDrug.  If they are present what size are the files?

Thank you

Dot

• Niether d2681, d2753, nor d2764.dat exist, but d2682. d2754, and d2765.dat do exist. They are 5, 2, and 2kb respectively.

• Dot
    Options

Hello Phillip,

This issue requires more investigation that is not easy in this forum.

If it is agreeable, I will be in touch to continue working with you.

Best regards,

Dot