Overlay of Calibration Curves in Quanlynx

<p><span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino;">Hi,</span></p><p><span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino;">We are doing  validation of one application, we did 7-points calibration of standards (5-500ng/mL) and in same we did 7-points calibration of spiked standards in sample matrix (5-500ng/mL)........ just want to know how can we do Overlay of two calibration curves... i mean two linear lines in one calibration window.. for comparison to justify matrix effect.</span></p><p><span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino;">I will appreciate for early response.</span></p><p><span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino;">Thanks </span></p>

Answers

• If you put both sets of standards in the same sample list and process the using the same method they will be overlayed. Make sure each of the standards is marked as such and the concentrations are the same.  It is probably easier to copy and paste both sets into a new sequence list.

• Dear Jody,

Nice to see your comments, I hope you remember me, how is everything in Manchester? I will also contact you separately.

Regarding calibration curve issue, initially I tried same as you said, two sets of same concentrations in sequence, but doesn’t work, one line and two cross points each, then i alter the matrix sample list to "QC samples" from the “sample type" and put in sequence, after process i select "show QC points" from calibration window, after that plot is appearing with two symbols, crosses and diamonds, crosses for standard where diamonds for matrix sample.

But my question was that how can we get two plots (lines) in one window?

Regards,

Salman

• Hi salman, yes I do remember you. I didn't look at your username first of all! The short answer to your question is no, you cannot create two separate curves in one experiment. Probably the easiest thins to do is go to edit, copy, complete summary and paste into excel. Please feel free to email me if you have further questions. Regards, Jody.