Column manager : Temperature change between different methods stops UPLC

Options
<p><span>I have got an UPLC in the lab with a column manager and when I use methods with different temperatures for the Column manager, the UPLC stays on stand by just after reaching the correct temperature.</span></p><p><span>For example, I use 80°C for method 1 and 40°C for method 2 and the UPLC stays on stanby before starting method 2 even id the temperature is OK.</span></p><p></p><p><span>Any idea what could cause this problem or any trick to solve that?</span></p>

Answers

• lizh
    Options

Hello

Can you tell me what software is controlling the system MassLynx/Empower/ 3rd party and associated instruments and could you also tell us which driver is loaded. Please go to the Console screen and look at "about" menu. Also on the Console System page, what Column Manager firmware is used, just roll the mouse over the image of the Column Manager. If you could include the instrument method settings that would also be helpful. I would like to confirm the temperature band is disabled.

Many TX

Liz

• Thierry
    Options

Hi Liz,

The UPLC is running with MassLYnx 4.1.

The Driver of the console is 1.40.2774 (hope I wrote the good number) and the firmware of the column manager is 1.40.69.

Please find attached the 2 methods in the attach files:

Just to let you know that we have 2 pumps (chromatographic pump is used for the gradient, and the regeneration pump) on the UPLC, both is used for method 1 and only one for the second method.

We have a QTOF premier as well but I didn't put the parameters as it should not have any influence on the UPLC.

Many thanks

Thierry