Seperation of aminoglycosides

<p><span>I have tried to use Wates Carbohydrate column and other chiral columns such as chirabotic V and chirabotic T to seperate Destomycin A and Hygromycin B, which are diasteromers. None of these columns gave any seperation of the mentioned compounds. Is there anyone have experience in seperating these two aminoglycosides?</span></p>

Answers

• Hello,

While we wait for other members of the eCommunity to reply, I contacted one of our applications managers and I will pass on his reply and questions.

We have never tried to separate these types of compounds but we can once we learn a bit more about the application. These compounds are used as antibiotics, but what is the exact nature of the application? In other words, what is the reason for the interest?

Can you list which aminoglycosides you are interested in separating as well as the specific matrix (e.g., plasma, urine, etc), the detection technique and approximate concentrations needed for detection? This information will be useful if/when we try to separate them using the ACQUITY UPLC BEH Amide column . Also, are there other aminoglycosides of interest or are there others doing this type of analysis? Do you have a specific journal article that you could direct us to?

Sorry for all the questions.

Happy Holidays,

--Doug