MassLynx/QuanLynx calculation question

<p><span>Hi all, </span></p><p></p><p><span>I have a Aqcuity UPLC TQD and had a question about calculations in MassLynx/QuanLynx. I'm trying to find a pre-set calculation for the peak tailing factor in QuanLynx and am having no luck. Does anyone know if there is an automatic calculation for that available, perhaps named differently? If not, is there a way to set up custom calculations in QuanLynx to calculate it? I've used Empower in the past and I know it had both the tailing factor calculation and custom calculation fields. I can't seem to find anythign similiar here in QuanLynx. It's a bit of a pain to have to manually calculate it out every time.</span></p><p></p><p><span>Thanks,</span></p><p><span>Kate</span></p>

Answers

• Hi Kate

Thanks for your question. The peak tailing factor may be calculated in TargetLynx (which extends the capabilities of QuanLynx) in MassLynx 4.1 SCN714 or later. Standard with the Xevo TQ MS, TargetLynx is available as an option for the Waters TQ Detector.

TargetLynx calculates the peak asymmetry, at the specified peak height (%).

To do this, TargetLynx determines the front width and tail width, which may be used readily in a custom calculation to determine the peak tailing factor (http://www.lcresources.com/wiki/index3cdc.html?title=ChromFAQ:Tailing).

I have attached a series of screen shots for TargetLynx showing how to set this up.

Best regards

Howard

• Thank you, Howard. I do have TargetLynx, but perhaps I have an older version (I had it installed about a year and a half ago) because I'm missing some of the icons that you have in you snapshot of the TargetLynx Method Editor, including the one for "sample flagging properties". Thanks for your help, though! :)