maximum how much % of non-polar solvents can be used for reversed phase mobile phase using UPLC?

Options
<p><span>Dear All</span></p><p></p><p><span>Normally we use max 20% dichloromethane in methanol and aqueous for carotenoids analysis using HPLC.</span></p><p><span>For any HPLC system (caution degasser should be off-waters) it works well, </span></p><p><span>But I heard that, UPLC should have THF kit. u</span></p><p><span>without THF kit can I use UPLC for my analysis?</span></p><p></p><p><span>Kindly help me</span></p><p></p><p><span>Thanks and regards</span></p>

Answers

• AJA
    Options

Chloroform, methylene chloride, ethyl acetate, and toluene are not recommended for use in ACQUITY UPLC systems, THF kit installed or not.

AJA

• USNIndia
    Options

Yes AJA

This was asked because, while in LC, column regenaration procedure, vendors suggests that, non-polar solvents can be used for regenaration and some RP-LC applications, non-polar solvents were used (after conforming the misibility with mobile phases

Based on your answer, we addressed.

Thanks and regards

• Intas
    Options

As per our experience and usage, up to 65% non polar solvents are suitable for UPLC method. But as per suggestions of other users you can use upto 100 % non polar solvents as a gradient mobile phase.