What performance criteria do you want to see when an ACQUITY UPLC System is installed

<p>Today, at the installation of ACQUITY UPLC systems a series of tests are performed by the service engineer. What elements of the tests are useful to users? What is missing? Is there anything that is not useful? Your input will be most valuable to ensuring that Waters provides the correct level of documentation and assurance of performance.</p><p>Attached are the installation and performance test for a UV based ACQUITY system.</p><p>Many thanks</p><p>Liz</p><p></p><p>Edited by: Elizabeth Hodgdon on Feb 13, 2009</p>

Answers

• Put the reverse test back in the gradient test. I know it was in the AQT test. We do that test and it is a very good test to see that your mixer is not working properly anymore. If we contact Waters that we have problems with that test we now get as reply that it is removed in the QT test (of course they still help us).

• There are are wide range of applications used on the uplc systems.

I for example am using only 2 microliter loops, so any tests made by waters on an used system (note: not during installation) has to be done with the build in loop (NEVER ever change a loop on an uplc system without need ), that means with 2 microliter!

Not the slightest chance to get green light for changing the loop without giving a new 2 microliter to me afterwards. I had too much trouble with carry over on the uplc caused by loop changing to use a loop again after replacing.

That means: Please change the tests so they could be done with nearly any loop (from 1 microliters up to the biggest dimension waters offer)!

Next thing: I don't use isocratic runs as long as I can avoid them. A second, gradient based test would me fine for me.

Thanx...

• Many TX for this!

LiZ