Custom field wont work on unknown peaks when named by RRT.

I have a peak real CF with formula Amount*Label_Claim and I have my main active picked as default peak so all unknown peaks can also have their amount multiplied by the Label_Claim value for the active peak. Label_Claim is a component, real CF. This works fine when my unknowns are not labelled using the option "Select peak with which to name unknown peaks by RRT Reference" in my processing method.

But when I do pick that option and I have several unknown peaks labelled as for example RRT 0.789, RRT 0.914 etc, suddenly my CF is blank for these peaks! I get Amounts but the Amount*Label_Claim is empty.  Is it because the RRT part essentially "names" the peak and its looking for a peak name in the components tab which doesn't exist? The Peak Type is still Unknown when named by RRT but it wont multiply amounts by the Active peaks Label_Claim value. I thought there was a workaround for this, any ideas? I wonder could I use REPLACE in formula, like Amount*(REPLACE(Label_Claim,CCalRef1[Label_Claim])?

Best Answer

• Dan_Ramlose
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried assigning Impurity Response to your CF to see if it works then?
    As long as gthe CFs are sound, this usually works. I think I tried "replace" additions to CFs with no luck.

Answers

• Is it because the RRT part essentially "names" the peak and its looking for a peak name in the components tab which doesn't exist? The Peak Type is still Unknown when named by RRT but it wont multiply amounts by the Active peaks Label_Claim value. I thought there was a workaround for this, any ideas? I wonder could I use REPLACE in formula, like Amount*(REPLACE(Label_Claim,CCalRef1[Label_Claim])?

As far as I am aware, yes this is the exact problem. 

I believe the only workaround is to either name the peaks in the component tab, or not use the option in the PM to name peaks in accordance with the RRT.

When I had to do something like this, I left the peaks unnamed. I devised a away to group the RRTs calculated by Empower by similar peaks (e.g. RRT to two decimals because, lets be honest, shifting of RRTs occur). I then placed the calculated, grouped RRT in the peak name column for all of the unknown impurities.

The above worked for me. I have not revisited the issue in a very long time.  
  • Thanks to both for the reply. Dan, that worked perfectly! When I put my CF in the drop down list in the Impurity tab of the processing method, then it calculated for all the RRT...unknown peaks. And I can put my own statistics on this column in a report method like Sum, Max etc. Thanks again.
  • yeah, Impurity calculation function wins again