Waters HPLC problem

steavenchang
edited February 2021 in Software Products
Hi We purchased a refurbished WATERS HPLC, including 1525 pumps and 2487 detector. First we found both pump and detector were not connected to PC when using Empower. We figured out the reason was the broken BUS/LACE card. We recently replaced BUS/LACE card, but now the problem is, 2487 detector showed connected, but 1525 pump is not. That is strange. Does anybody know why? Is there any broken part inside pump to cause this?
Thanks a lot

Answers

• IEEE address to be set up in the pump. You have to check for the dip switches in the pump backside. If there are modules connected and have IEEE address conflict, you can have this situation. Also the IEEE cable used for the pump may be malfunctioning. Use the cable connected to your detector with pump and confirm whether pump is communicating
  • blr81 said:
    IEEE address to be set up in the pump. You have to check for the dip switches in the pump backside. If there are modules connected and have IEEE address conflict, you can have this situation. Also the IEEE cable used for the pump may be malfunctioning. Use the cable connected to your detector with pump and confirm whether pump is communicating
    Many thanks. But I am still confused. I figured that, the IEEE-488 address of my pump is currently 2, based on the DIP switch in the rear of the pump. But how can I set the address using the Empower software? I don't get it.
  • JCarter280
    edited January 2021
    If each instrument has dip switches they all must be set unique. The Empower software cannot communicate until each is manually set. There should be instructions to set these included with the BL card. Try Steaven's suggestion and just connect one at a time. You may also need to start over in the Empower Node and System setup fields. Delete both, restart all, reboot lace. Good luck, BL is normally very easy!
  • If each instrument has dip switches they all must be set unique. The Empower software cannot communicate until each is manually set. There should be instructions to set these included with the BL card. Try Steaven's suggestion and just connect one at a time. You may also need to start over in the Empower Node and System setup fields. Delete both, restart all, reboot lace. Good luck!
    Thank you very much. So it means, I don't need to do anything if the DIP addresses of different instruments are different already, right? Actually the DIP addresses of pump, detector and degasser are currently different. So there is no need to configure the DIP addresses in the Empower software, is there?
  • Im not sure about 1525's... but I thought those single solvent high pressure pumps did not have IEE control directly, but though a special Pump Control Module. 

Waters 717 Plus Autosampler
  • How to decide Limit for drift test in shimadzu with empower software.