Sequential Dissolution Calculation

JWB
JWB
edited October 2020 in Software Products

Hi Everyone,

We have a few sequential dissolution methods we test. This is where we have product in acid media and then the pH is either changed completely or adjusted to a buffer stage.

Currently we analyse samples on the HPLC using the Empower inbuilt Dissolution function, where Bath A is acid (X volume, X mLs removed) and Bath B is buffer (Y volume, X mLs removed).

We get results for acid and buffer which are correct (manually verfied) but to calculate the true dissolution in buffer we need to add the acid release results (Bath A) to the buffer release results (Bath B).

Can Empower do this for us? 

If not, how would I write a custom calculation to be able to use Empower to calculate this? I am familiar with custom calculations but i am not sure where the dissolution data comes from as it is an inbuilt Empower function.

TIA.

JWB

Answers

• Hello - yes, you would need to create intersample custom fields.  Are you familiar with intersample custom fields and how to create them?  Are you working with either Dissolved Amount or Dissolved Percent?  Those fields are available when you go thru the custom field wizard.  Let me know and I will do my best to help you.

Thanks, Neil