How to group samples in a report

Hello, I am having difficulty grouping samples in a report.I have the following:
Label  samplename
Brkt Std
B1 sample A1
B2 sample A2
B3 sample A3
B4 sample B1
B5 sample B2
B6 sample B3
B7 sample C1
B8 sample C2
B9 sample D1
B10 sample D2
Brkt Std
B1 sample A1
B2 sample A2
B3 sample A3
B4 sample B1
B5 sample B2
B6 sample B3
B7 sample C1
B8 sample C2
B9 sample D1
B10 sample D2
Brkt Std
B1 sample A1
B2 sample A2
B3 sample A3
B4 sample B1
B5 sample B2
B6 sample B3
B7 sample C1
B8 sample C2
B9 sample D1
B10 sample D2
Brkt Std
I would like to group all the B1 together, all the B2 together .....in tables.  to compare the stats of those triplicate samples.

If I sort the report table by samlename or by label I either get one big table with everything or a bunch of tables with only one sample.

I know this is not too complicated, I just can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Answer

• Empower2019
    Answer ✓

There is an easy way to do this. First make sure you have a "summary by all" report which is ticked in the report method properties and not an Individual report, which isn't suitable. Set up an All Peaks Table and in the "Order by" Tab, pick first Date Acquired Ascending followed by Retention Time Ascending. Make sure there is nothing in the Group By cell.

Group your peak table with a simple Text Box (saying Sample Summary or whatever suits). You now have a Composite Group. Select the grouped items and pick Edit< Composite Properties and in the Order By Tab pick Label Ascending and in the Data Filtering Conditions pick Labels = B*.

This will create a separate table for all samples labelled as B1, then B2, B3 etc etc, with a list of all the components detected in those samples and you can add stats to your Area/Amount etc. If its only one component you want these tables to present, you can further filter the composite or separate tables by a Peak Name = and add the peak you want.

Answers

• Thank you very much.  I tried several of those things just not in the same combination as you did.  I just couldn't figure it out.  You are a huge thanks again.