Empower 3 FR4 Enterprise locking up on clients

waters recently updated our Empower enterprise from Empower 3 FR0 to Empower 3 FR4.  staff working on client machines now get frequent system time outs and lock ups when processing data.  any idea what is going on?  our instance of Empower 3 FR4 is very unstable for us compared to Empower 3 FR0.

Answers

• Is this not part of configuration - view- system policies - other

options available although admin required

• One thing to consider....Its important to use freshly created methods in the FR4 projects, do not copy them from legacy projects. 
  • ydan, i didnt understand your response.  "Is this not part of configuration?"
    is what not part of configuration?
  • medicman, we were not initially aware of the need to create new methods but quickly found this out.  our new methods are running fine.  the lockups seem to happen during data analysis, post data acquisition.  seems like the clients may time out while attempting to perform tasks.
  • medicnman said:
    One thing to consider....Its important to use freshly created methods in the FR4 projects, do not copy them from legacy projects. 
    Instrument methods, processing methods, report methods, method sets, sample set methods, do all of them need to be recreated from scratch or just some?
    My initial guess would be that processing and instrument methods could be problematic if imported. If memory serves, those were the ones left in the cold when going from E2 to E3...
  • Instrument ICF drivers were updated during the upgrade. This will force the creation of new instrument methods because the old were created from the old ICF.

Processing methods would fall into the same boat especially if processing by method set, which would also include the instrument method.

One's instrument and processing methods should always be left behind in active projects or the active projects be created new post upgrade.

• ICF drivers were updated in the FR4 update?
  • @Dan_Ramlose
    That is a good question. Im not a fan of having to recreate this items, but the only thing I dislike more is re-processing. I re-create everything. That said, some of the methods can be easier to re-create. Reports - copy paste. Instrument methods: open in Run Samples and then Save as...

minman01
    The last bit that may help, or not.... custom fields should be re-created. The FR4 / FR5 experience with custom fields may require some new considerations. Reach out to Waters for guidance on this, they really have a depth of knowledge that is required to identify upgrade conflicts with CFs.
  • @Dan_Ramlose
    That is a good question. Im not a fan of having to recreate this items, but the only thing I dislike more is re-processing. I re-create everything. That said, some of the methods can be easier to re-create. Reports - copy paste. Instrument methods: open in Run Samples and then Save as...

minman01
    The last bit that may help, or not.... custom fields should be re-created. The FR4 / FR5 experience with custom fields may require some new considerations. Reach out to Waters for guidance on this, they really have a depth of knowledge that is required to identify upgrade conflicts with CFs.
  • @Dan_Ramlose

minman01
  • @Dan_Ramlose

minman01