Limits tab question

Options
Trying to understand how the limits in processing methods for Empower 3 work. So to test it, I put a Lower Control Limit value on Amount of 90.000 and when I got a value of 89.986 I thought that Empower would see that value as rounded to 90 and not fault it but apparently it only considers any value greater than or equal to 90 as acceptable so even if a value is 89.9999999 its still below 90.000. 

Given this logic, If I wanted to put a range on my Amount of between 95 and 105 (reported at zero decimal places) what values would I put for lower and upper limits? Correct me if im wrong but for the lower limit would it be 94.5, therefore this rounds to 95 when expressed at no decimals and for the upper limit would it be 105.49999999999999 ie any value OVER this (105.5 onwards) rounds to 106 when expressed at no decimals and is a fault. 

Does anyone see an issue with this?

Best Answer

• shaunwat
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nope, that should do it.

Out of curiosity, I've not used this function too much. What exactly does Empower do by "faulting" the result if it is outside the predefined limit? When ever I have needed anything like this I have always used the max and min limits available in columns of tables that may be generated in the report editor.

Does faulting from the processing method do something different, or is this just another way to get the same thing accomplished?

Answers

• Empower2018
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi Shaunwat, if you get a value that's outside this limit, then the value will appear in the faulted font and color when you are reviewing injections in the Peaks table and in the Result Set view, they also display the faulted font in report methods as you say. 
    Another useful feature and one that I use is the system suit summary charts where you can graph a range of data, for example 20 Amount values for your component and the values you enter in the Limits tab for Target, Upper Error etc can be added to this graph, and a line chart of values is displayed so you can see where your values lie between upper and lower error values. If its above or below the error value, the graph can be set to go red/italic etc too. 
    If a value is faulted too, the "Fault" peak field displays Yes and can be added to report method.