Problem with Password

Lately some inspectors ask me for special password requirements. That is, you can force the password to get 8 letters, special characters and 1 uppercase? Thank you

Answers

• Check the system policies in the configuration manager and under the User Account tab tick the "Enforce unique user password" but I don't think it can force uppercase or special characters. I think the length of the password is the same as the username so a username of BeckySmith would limit the password to at LEAST 10 characters. 
  • Workaround: enforce complex password for Windows logon and then have users use the same password for Empower.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/password-must-meet-complexity-requirements

The password contains characters from three of the following categories:

• Uppercase letters of European languages (A through Z, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
    • Lowercase letters of European languages (a through z, sharp-s, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
    • Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
    • Non-alphanumeric characters (special characters): (~!@#$%^&amp;*_-+=`|\(){}[]:;"'<>,.?/) Currency symbols such as the Euro or British Pound are not counted as special characters for this policy setting.
    • Any Unicode character that is categorized as an alphabetic character but is not uppercase or lowercase. This includes Unicode characters from Asian languages.

• We use LDAP authentication in Empower. It will use the same username/password from the active directory. Your IT admin can customize the group policy to specify the complexity of the password requirement for Windows/AD. The bonus is that user only has one password to remember.