Can you still get "Amounts" when saving individual chromatograms?

If I run 10 injections as per the following sequence:
Standard, Sample, Clear Calibration, Standard, Sample, Clear Calibration and so on with an extra Diluent injection at the start and end, can I still get "Amount" values if I choose to process my injections by saving each individual result ie open up injections, then set the integration of my sample then File>Save>Result. 

How does the standards work if doing this, does Empower still calculate amounts or does a sample set have to be batch processed for amounts to be calculated for all samples. The reason I save individual results is due to variable peaks which, when named, can overlap with unknown peaks over several samples. 

Best Answer

• MJS
    MJS
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it can do that, but you have to be fairly careful as to how you click around within the review window.  If you start clicking around too much, you risk pulling the wrong curve into the sample quantitation.  Since you have multiple cal/sample combos, it may be best to consider only opening the relevant channels into review to do the cal/sample combo, save results, then open the next group and repeat.

How it works isn't really different from background processing.  This approach is just interactive.  Empower processes the std when you click through/hit calibrate.  On the next injection, that calibration is "active" and is used to generate amounts when you click quantitate.  When you save everything, the calibration is saved and associated with the respective results.

Your root issue seems to be that your variable peaks (peaks move a bit during the run?) require you to use alternate PMs to correct the retention time identification.  There's probably a number of ways to make this more efficient/simpler if this is happening often.  You could still batch process with a little care to save the different PM/MS, alter the sample set to specify the applicable MS and then background process by the acquisition method set to apply different PMs to the different samples. 

Answers