The best place to insert Summarize Custom Fields on a sample set

Options
If you have 2 intersample summary calculations set up for the 3rd and 4th injection of your run, but none after that and its a long run, is there any difference between putting the Summarize Custom Fields function directly after the 4th injection or as the last line? If I put it at the end will it calculate default amounts for all the samples when I don't need it whereas if I put it on the 4th line it will only calculate for the sample lines above it?

Best Answers

• shaunwat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It works as you say so use what ever suits your need best. Another option is to throw it at the end and exclude the junk you don't want by use of a label reference. 

At the end of the day it comes down to preference and how you like to do things. 

In terms of an auditor, my experience has been most don't really understand how Empower really works to begin with, so they probably won't even question it.
  • shaunwat
    Answer ✓
    Options

You would need to exclude them by use of a label reference in your calculation custom fields if you do not want to generate results.

If you just do not wish to see these results in a summary table or something similar, then you could use labels to filter out injections you don't want in your report.

Answers

• Neil
    Options

Hello - if you put it after the injections you want summarized then it will only report the summary for those injections.  If you put it at the end of the sample set then it will summarize everything in the table unless you have put some special thing in like summarize for standards only or you use the label reference and so forth.  I hope that helps!

• Can you show certain injections in the report but not have calculations for those items?
  • I would put Summarize Custom Fields as the last line to be safe but you can also put it right after what you want to summarize for faster processing. Label Reference is ignored with Summarize Custom Fields by the way.