Plate type names in Analyst

Does anyone know if it is possible to create new plate types that will display in Analyst.  We use a variety of 96-well plates and if I create a new plate type and name the file something like Roundwell.plate then it doesn't appear in Analyst.

I have had to edit existing plate types but this means that users have to remember that the plate type ANSI-96well1mLGlassInsert for example is actually a round well 96-well plate.  I would like the plate type displayed in Analyst to reflect the actual plate type being used.

I have created new plate types in Empower with no problem so I suspect it is something to do with the Analyst driver.

Comments

• A bit off topic but David, can you edit plate type names in Empower? If so, care to share how?
  • I don't think it is possible to edit plate types in Empower at least not the level of access I have.  I have only created new plate types.  I did try and edit a plate type but it didn't let me.
  • After speaking Sciex I have found out how to do this.  There is a program called Rackbuilder located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Analyst\bin.  This needs run as Administrator.  You can edit plate names and change which plates are visible.

If you have changed a plate name or created a new one then you need to make sure that the plate file in c:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments\Plates has the same name.

I have attached a video from Sciex showing how to run Rackbuilder.